Friday, December 2, 2011

Crohn's Disease - Resection Surgery?

I'm 26 and have have Crohn's for about 10 years. During my most recent colonoscopy my gastroenterologist discovered a great deal of scarring which is causing a partial impediment. He stated that scarring is irreversible and will need surgery to correct. I would hold to have 15 inches removed and afterwards they would reconnect the ends of the colon. I'm looking for the pros and cons. Has anyone had this? Did it head to more frequent surgeries? How long were you contained by the hospital? How long would I have to stay out of work?Crohn's Disease - Resection Surgery?
I have resection surgery about 10 years ago when I be 27. They took out about 6 six inches of my small intestines and my appendix for virtuous measure while they be in near.
So far this has be my only surgey. Since this disease vary between people at hand is really no way to share how many more surgeries you may or may not entail after the first one.
I'd say the pros would be that you should be contained by remission for a while after the surgery. Of course there is no road to know how long that will be.
Cons other than going through the surgery and salvage time would be that the disease mostly likely will come fund near the nouns of the resection.
I was within the hostpital for about 7 days. I be stayed out of work for about 4 weeks total.
I haven't have this, but these are excellent questions to ask the colorectal surgeon that would do your surgery if choose to do it.
I'd set up an appointment next to the surgeon and ask the questions. Here, you are going to return with a lot of individual answers which may not pertain to you. The surgeon will hold information about how his or her patients do after surgery and how long they stay surrounded by the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment